Thursday, March 22, 2012

Favors For Fun!

I just love favors. So I want to incorporate some... I am just not sure which all are the ones I want because I like a lot of things!!! Maybe a little of everything???

My all time favorite idea is... Seed bombs!
I found it on the "Offbeat Bride" site.
Offbeat Bride Seed Bomb Article
I also discovered that instead of clay like they use you can make them with Paper pulp and they can be all different colors like this..
Paper Pulp Seed Bombs on Etsy
I of course could do it for far less.... and I found it like a nudge to see two of my friends for my favorite Garden group talking and posting about them!
LadyFern's Blog Entry on Paper Pulp Hearts!
Here is a video on making them! It's pretty cute...
Seed Bomb Video -From Susan
I love this idea so so so much! But a lot of questions do come to mind with the idea. Will I get in trouble if these get spread on the site? Personally I think the place could use some random flowers and maybe herbs, I would love to leave my mark... However I am also worried if this might have an impact on that environment... I figure I could try to put them in some sort of containers or tie them in bits of fabric... and pass them out with labels asking that they be planted elsewhere. However, I rather like the idea of making a ton of them and putting out a few baskets or bowls of different ones, Like do one of rosemary, or sage and one of lavender, and one of forget-me-nots or viola's or columbine.. I think these are my top choices But choosing is hard... I have no idea which would be best and then I also want to find them in bulk for a good price and GMO free! I love plants if you couldn't tell... =] I would need to make a LOT of these. The number of people I will personally invite is 75 but I know a lot more pirates then that and expect friends and family of friends and some non pirates too as well as people that hear about our nuptials and wander over to see what's going on.... So really there is no knowing how many people will show because this is a HUGE pirate event lol =]

Favorite Idea number two... Ribbon wands! They look like this...
Ribbon Wands 
This is something I happened across on Etsy by typing wedding... lol =]
I saw them and thought wow these are so simple and they are charging a ton for them and me being very DIY got very excited about them....
So... I told my friend that's like a sis, Fel about the need for ribbon and linked her to show her what I wanted the ribbon for and she figured out for me that I can easily make about a hundred of these, for under 20$. I am so lucky to have her as a friend, she is so helpful! She was the one who found me the number for the bakery! I just couldn't figure out where it was because I was very sad about it...  
The ribbon I want!
I want wine red and Black ribbon with copper colored bells and spray painted gold dowels with rhinestones glued to the bottoms... Ok, as long as the ribbon is red and Black it works! =D I just think this crowd of people would be into playing with these and I just love ribbons and the sound of bells! Anything that jingles actually... Maybe they could even be used like the clinking of glass's to egg the bride and groom into kissing... =]

Next up Favorite idea number three... Little Eco-friendly Soap's!
I found an awesome scent that spoke to me...
It's called Cotton Sails
"Cotton Sails is a gentle cotton, musk, ozone marine, and amber. Just the right combo to remind you of being on the sea, sailing around some tropical islands." -AdamsboroSundries
I found some organic heat and pour soap on Etsy...
Glycerine Soap
Here is bulk Organic melt and pour soap
Bramble Berry
There are all sorts of stuff you can add into soaps like colors and seeds and dried flowers. Like... Soap Coloring The possibilities with soap seem endless.
I found a bunch of molds I love too!
Celtic Knot
Mermaid
Celtic Heart
But to be honest I am sort of thinking about skipping this last one because of it takes a lot of time effort and possibly money to and I am not really sure how used they would get.... Fun idea but maybe not... I think I am going to be spending a LOT of time in the garden... If I can get one.

Alrighty These are the main ones I love.... The last one is actually candies but I'm thinking that suject gets it's own whole post! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment