Wednesday, March 21, 2012

There will be Cake!

I want there to be a cake! I want there to at least be a portion that is Gluten free and Sugar Free!!!! This means we are talking pricey. Besides the dress I think this will be the most expensive part of the whole affair! I did find ONE place that makes this kind of cake. They are in Texas and have several sites for their bakery. I called and talked to the owner and he is all about gluten free and his wife is diabetic... He says reservations can sometimes be as back up as far as 18 months thank gawd I am thinking about this now because I sort of thought myself foolish for thinking about a cake over a year in advance... He said I was smart to.... Now I just have to figure out what kind of cake because he said he can do just about anything... It was this cake by this bakery that caught mine and Winter's eye and got me wanting to call them...
Carmel White Chocolate Mouse Cake

This is their fancy cake site...
Couture Cakes and Confections

The bakery ships all over the country and this bakery also makes breads which I definitely want to have present because of it's symbolism, just like my idea for a cake topper... I want to use a a sapling or young plant that we can plant in our yard after... to represent a new life together.  

So I am thinking since we are holding this at a pirate event the cake should somehow be spiced and rum flavored, or have a rum filling sauce or frosting...If anyone has suggestions please do chime in! I need input!

If I had my way.. I wish my friend Dennis could make my cake.. He makes the best but at the Event he is Zorgon and SeaDogs is his event he is the head honcho with Tasha and they just won't have any time for it even in advance. =[ Already asked just to make sure and he said at any other time he would love to do it.

Winter says he'd be fine enough with a cake that is part sugar free and part gluten free, It's me that wants to have both lol... I won't have time to make it myself... I do sort of want it to be fancy and I also think that I don't really care so much about how pretty it is as long as it tastes amazing and is as much like a real gluten cake as it can be without the Gluten. We may even do separate cake for the non sugar free and Gluten free friends.... Tiers maybe? Needs to feed about a hundred guests...


Gosh darn it, THERE WILL BE CAKE! lol =D


No comments:

Post a Comment