Thursday, March 22, 2012

A first checklist...

My current to-do-list:

- Buy the red dye that Sage needs for my Handfasting cord Russet Red and send it to him!

- Thinking about what kinds of format I want to put my vows into and the things I want to say out loud in front of upwards of a hundred people.

- Picking music, finding things that sound period, running these by Winter.

- Waiting till Winter formally purposes and then finding a way to spread the word. Perhaps throw an engagement party?

- Finishing my list of people I want to invite personally, via FaceBook, and by mail. Then making some king of a flier to send out around the event as a reminder.

- Deciding on what kind of sashes for the people in my wedding party and make them or have them made. I still need to get Winter to decide who he wants to stand with him.

- Talk more with Maeve more about the wedding specifics. Get more ideas from everyone!

- Think about decorations, flags maybe, paper lantern lights?

- Think about flowers and Bouquets and Flower lapel pins and the little sprigs for people to wear... and try to decide.

- Try to figure out what else Winter could wear besides the Kilt to match my dress.

- Figure out what I can and cannot afford.

This is everything I can think of at the moment... I know I am over looking things tho.

1 comment:

  1. Engagement parties are always a good way to spread the word. Though you being you, you have lots of friends spread out everywhere, so in addition to an engagement party for those nearby, I am sure you can do something special and unique. :) Ooooooooooooo Idea while browsing google. Remember how I mentioned you could send those "save the date" things in the mail? Well, yes, you could do that, but you could also send them through email. Many have printers now, or could transfer it to their calendars on the computers and phones. :) Just a thought, since it would save on the stamps and allow you to put just a bit more toward actual invites, or those could even act as the actual invites since the first wedding (which is primarily what is being discussed here) is a very unique affair and isn't probably going to have a selection for dinner and you don't really need a full headcount, just a semi-accurate one to know how many of the things you should make, though making extra is never a bad idea. I only wish I was there to help you make some things!! That'd be fun. :)

    ReplyDelete